March 27, 2010

Saigon to Mui Ne (aka The Sun)

I am not sure what day we are on - so from here on out I will just share with you some highlights from where we are and where we have been.  Lucky for you I dedicate this post to one of my most favourite places not only in Vietnam but in the world - Mui Ne.   

Steve and I got on an early morning tour bus @7:30 in Pham Ngu Lao.  Normally this is a god-awful hour for the two of us but apparently we are early birds and have been waking up before the sunrises.  Apparently we don't want to waste anytime of the day.  Anyhow this bus was headed to Mui Ne however four hours later it seemed to take us directly to the sun.  We were both quickly reminded of why we both love Mui Ne.  The sky is always blue and the weather is always hot, almost too hot but I am not complaining.  


We spent two nights at the Sailing Club Resort.  Now this might be the best place I have ever stayed.  It's difficult to put the awesomeness of it into words so I will just show you here.
(The Pool)
 (The Room)
(The Beach)
 
(The Love)

(The Breakfast)

There are also countless reasons why we (I think I can speak for Steve here) love the town of Mui Ne - below are just a few.
 (The Scenery)
(The Motorbike Rides)
 
  (kind of)

Each time we go to Mui Ne it just gets better and better so you can believe it that I am anxiously awaiting my next visit.  Steve mentioned a hotel that hosts weddings - hmm?  This time I believe I spent most of it either in the pool, laying near the pool, laying in front of the beach, eating, or sleeping.  Sounds like a pretty rough time I am sure.  I feel like I have caught up on four years of very needed sleep.  We sadly left Mui Ne yesterday (Friday) afternoon for a long train ride to Hoi An (an interesting story I will share with you later) our current location.

Steve is currently napping and I am thinking about doing the same since the town of Hoi An is celebrating Earth Hour tonight - click here to see pictures from last year.  Apparently they light the streets with lanterns and then afterward there is some sort of parade?  We saw some floats in town today getting ready - I am pretty excited. Tomorrow night there are fireworks scheduled in Da Nang (a nearby city) so we intend to see those as well.  I believe it's to celebrate the 35th year of Da Nang's Liberation Day. 

Busy - but on vacation.  Best ever.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading this! And the pics are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Awesome hotel and beautiful scenery in Mui Ne....Love the bike helmets (glad to see you are wearing them!!) Happy Earth Hour!!!

    ReplyDelete