March 22, 2010

Day 1 | Saigon Vietnam

After nearly 24 hours in transit and three plane changes - we have arrived safely in glorious Saigon, Vietnam or officially known as Ho Chi Minh City.  After living here nearly 3 and half years ago it still feels like home.  The smells, the noise, the organized chaos, the shopping (yes the shopping) are all so comforting.

We are staying at the Hotel Majestic.  I am not one who has stayed in many high end hotels - but I can tell you this - this hotel so far is amazing.  It's old colonial character gives off a charming vibe. The location is perfect - right next to the river, walking distance to a plethora of restaurants and clothing shops.  I even walked passed an Aldo Shoes - something that was unheard of 3 years ago - of course I went in.  However you can't beat daily complimentary fruit baskets and view of the river while consuming a delicious breakfast buffet.  
Ok and how can I forget to mention the greatest thing about Vietnam. Well maybe not the greatest but something that definitely warrants an honourable mention - Vietnam is riddled with amazing cafes.  Cafes where you can get drinks like this - Mango Madness, Yes Please!



1 comment:

  1. This is such a fabulous idea for a blog!!!!! You may just convince me that one day I need to go there.......

    ReplyDelete